Take Assessment – DsmbISP Chapter 9 – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1) – Answers – 2012 – 2013
1. How many usable host addresses does the 192.168.1.0/25 subnet provide?
2. A network technician has isolated a problem at the transport layer of the OSI model. Which question would provide further information about the problem?
Do you have a firewall that is configured on your PC?
Do you have a link light on your network card?
Is your PC configured to obtain addressing information using DHCP?
What default gateway address is configured in your TCP/IP settings?
Can you ping http://www.cisco.com?
3. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is in the process of sending a preconfigured text file to a router. When the administrator pastes the configuration into the router, an error message appears. What is the problem with the IP addressing scheme?
Serial0/0 is configured with a network address.
The IP address on FastEthernet0/0 overlaps with the IP on FastEthernet0/1.
Serial0/1 is configured with a broadcast address.
The IP address on FastEthernet0/0 overlaps with the IP on Serial0/1.
4. A user can access any web page on the Internet but cannot access e-mail. What troubleshooting method would be most efficient for troubleshooting this issue?
impossible to determine from this information
5. Refer to the exhibit. What are two possible causes for the interface status? (Choose two.)
The loopback address is not set.
The encapsulation type is mismatched.
A cable is not attached to the interface.
Keepalive messages are not being received.
The interface is administratively shut down.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Host H1 on the LAN is not able to access the FTP server across the Internet. Which two configuration statements are causing this problem? (Choose two.)
There is no route to the Internet.
The IP address on Fa0/0 is incorrect.
The IP address on S0/0/0 is incorrect.
The NAT command on the Fa0/0 interface is applied in the wrong direction.
The NAT command on the S0/0/0 interface is applied in the wrong direction.
7. Which two conditions identify issues that are confined to Layer 1? (Choose two.)
cables that exceed maximum length
viruses and worms that create excessive broadcast traffic
poor termination of cables
receiving “line protocol down” messages on the router console
8. A network administrator is upgrading a Cisco 1841 router by adding a WIC-2T module card. Which show command can the administrator use to verify that the module is correctly recognized by the router?
show ip route
9. Hosts on two separate subnets cannot communicate. The network administrator suspects a missing route in one of the routing tables. Which three commands can be used to help troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues? (Choose three.)
show ip route
show cdp neighbor
10. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true regarding the IP address configuration?
Interfaces Fa0/0 and Fa0/1 can be in the same subnet.
Interface Fa0/0 and NetworkA can be in the same subnet.
Interface Fa0/0 and NetworkB can be in the same subnet.
Interface Fa0/1 and NetworkB can be in the same subnet.
11. A network administrator plugs a new PC into a switch port. The LED for that port changes to solid green. What statement best describes the current status of the port?
There is a duplex mismatch error.
There is a link fault error. This port is unable to forward frames.
The port is operational and ready to transmit packets.
This port has been disabled by management and is unable to forward frames.
The flash memory is busy.
12. Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements are true about the output of the show ip interface brief command? (Choose three.)
FastEthernet0/0 is functioning correctly.
The shutdown command has been applied on Serial0/0.
FastEthernet0/0 was configured by the startup-config at bootup.
Serial0/0 is experiencing a Layer 1 network problem.
FastEthernet0/1 is experiencing a Layer 2 network problem.
Because the port is down, Serial0/1 has an IP address that does not show in
13. Refer to the exhibit. Users on the 10.12.10.0/24 network are unable to access anyone on the 10.10.10.0/24 network. What two problems exist in the network? (Choose two.)
R2 is using a different version of RIP.
R2 has a missing network statement.
R1 has an incorrect network statement.
R3 has an incorrect network statement.
A routing loop is occurring between all three routers.
14. Refer to the exhibit. The PC is trying to ping router B at 192.168.2.2, but it fails. What is the problem?
The PC is on the wrong subnet.
The default gateway on the PC should be 192.168.1.1.
The default gateway should be 192.168.2.2.
The DNS server is incorrect.
The IP address for Fa0/0 on router A is incorrect.
15. An administrator is creating a lab to simulate a WAN connection. During the setup,the administrator notices that there are different encapsulation types on each end of the serial connection. At what layer of the OSI model is this problem occurring?
16. Refer to the exhibit. A router initially boots up to ROMMON mode. The administrator enters the dir flash: command and sees the output that is shown. What should the administrator do next?
Load a new IOS onto the router by the use of TFTP.
Load a new IOS onto the router via XMODEM.
Boot the router using the reset command in ROMMON.
Erase the file in flash and reboot the router.
17. A PC is able to reach devices that are located both inside and outside the network. However, when trying to reach an FTP server that is located on the same subnet, the PC fails to make a connection. The administrator has several other PCs
that are located in the same subnet try a connection to the FTP server and they are successful. Which troubleshooting tool can be used to determine the problem between the PC and the FTP server?
18. Refer to the exhibit. Which IP address is misconfigured and is causing connectivity problems between hosts and servers?
19. Which problem is associated with Layer 4 of the OSI model?
A firewall is blocking Telnet packets to a host.
A host has an incorrect IP address.
A router has no route to a host.
A host sent a malformed HTTP request.
20. A user is having trouble accessing the Internet. A network administrator begins by verifying that the IP address of the PC is correctly configured. Next the administrator pings the default gateway. Based on this information, what type of troubleshooting method is the administrator employing?
impossible to determine from this information
21. An ISP help desk technician receives a call from a customer who reports that no one at their business can reach any websites or get their e-mail. After testing the communication line and finding everything fine, the technician instructs the customer to run nslookup from the command prompt. What does the technician suspect is causing the customer’s problem?
improper IP address configuration on the host
hardware failure of the ISR used to connect the customer to the ISP
bad cables or connections at the customer site
failure of DNS to resolve names to IP addresses